I wanted to do something a bit more fun today so I decided to do a book survey! I found this one over at Lori's blog, Pure Imagination, and she found it from The Owl! Enjoy guys!
1. Favorite childhood book?
Because of Winn Dixie, definitely. That book was my favorite forever!
2. What are you reading right now?
Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel (it's awesome!)
3. What books do you have on request at the library?
My library sucks. I don't use it. I was going to volunteer there for a bit... until I realized how sad the selection made me.
4. Bad book habit?
I read ahead. It's a horrible habit but when I just can't take the suspense anymore I start flipping pages and reading passages. Normally I don't see anything that ruins things but sometimes I definitely do.
5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?
Nothing, don't use it. lol
6. Do you have an e-reader?
Nope. :( I want one, but then I know I would need to have the legit book as well but it would make carrying them easier!
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
Always one. If I try to read more than one I get more interested in one and the other sits having 30 pages read of it forever.
8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
Definitely. Before I started blogging reading was purely fun and it still is but now reading is more of a scheduled thing because I have to do it to get my review books in, of course I don't find this an issue because I love to read. That's why I'm here. lol
9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far?)
I don't fully read books I just can't connect with so I didn't finish it but it was a book a family member gave my by Pat Conroy. It's what I get for accepting non YA books.
10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?
Probably The DUFF by Kody Keplinger. I think about it every day and I never expected that to happen.
11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
Anything YA is my comfort zone and I don't read outside of it very much anymore. For a period I only read adult books because I felt people saw Teen books as beneath them, then I decided I really didn't care. haha
12. What is your reading comfort zone?
YA, Historical Romances, Paranormal, Classics.
13. Can you read on the bus?
I've never rode the bus in school but I can read in a car, I assume it's the same thing. lol
14. Favorite place to read?
In bed or on a comfy couch.
15. What is your policy on book lending?
I have an issue with lending books but I don't normally voice it. I have a couple friends who like to borrow books from me and I can never say no to them. I just feel it would be mean to do so although secretely I hate doing it.
16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
Not anymore. I did when I was younger but now I want to keep my books perfect and it pains me to see them not so! (This is part of why lending is an issue for me... most people are not as careful as I am with my books.)
17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
I never wrote in margins but I did underline when I had doubles of favorite books, like I have like 3 copies of The Truth About Forever and one of them I underlined my favorite quotes. Makes it easy when I want to make one my Facebook status. :)
18. Not even with text books?
No. The text book knows more than me, why would I write in the margins?
19. What is your favorite language to read in?
English? I don't know any others. :(
20. What makes you love a book?
Characters and emotions. I'm huge on character development and wanting to feel something.
21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
When I can't sleep because I want to keep reading.
22. Favorite genre?
Fantasy/Paranormal/Contemporary. I can't choose. :)
23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?)
I wish I read more Regency because I love them but I never seem to have any in my TBR pile! That and Historical fiction in general because I really love it, I just don't read it as much as I used to.
24. Favorite biography?
Audrey Hepburn by Barry Paris
25. Have you ever read a self-help book?
26. Favorite cookbook?
I don't cook.
27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?
Inspirational... does The DUFF count? It changed the way I thought of things...
28. Favorite reading snack?
Coffeeeee, and I tend to like BBQ chips, but not with Coffee. lol
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
eh Twilight I guess. I still love the books but just hearing the name tends to sicken me now because I instantly think of all those girls in my high school who were obsessed.
30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
Not very often because I seem to look for different things in books than they do.
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
I do it but it's not the majority. Normally I know within the first 50 pages whether I'll like the book and if I don't it will get put aside.
32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose?
Italian! I've always wanted to learn Italian.
33. Most intimi33dating book you’ve ever read?
Gone With the Wind because it was so huge! It's one of my favorites now though.
34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?
Hunger Games because everyone loves them so much... I'd feel horrible if I was alone hating it. haha
35. Favorite Poet?
Emily Dickenson or E.E. Cummings.
36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
We've been over this! None.
37. How often have you returned book to the library unread?
Whenever I borrowed one. lol
38. Favorite fictional character?
Harry Potter, Wes from The Truth About Forever, and Dimitri Belikov.
39. Favorite fictional villain?
Voldemort. I love to hate him.
40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation?
Something long so the car ride can be epic reading time, and I need less books that way also because long books take longer.
41. The longest I’ve gone without reading.
42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
The Host by Stephenie Meyer. :/
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
The tv and texting. lol
44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
BBC Pride and Prejudice & Lord of the Rings
45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
The Other Boleyn Girl.
46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?
50 I believe.
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
... often. :D
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?
Slow pace or for the MC to do something completely out of character that just doesn't make sense.
49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
I keep my favorite ones together so I can admire their awesomeness, other than that it's just by author.
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?
If I finished it I'm keeping it.
51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?
I don't think I've really been avoiding Hunger Games. I have it and I want to read it, I'm just semi afraid to. lol
52. Name a book that made you angry.
I don't know really.
53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
Z by Michael Thomas Ford
54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?
Fallen by Lauren Kate (I liked it okay, but it just didn't sit well with me most of the time.)
55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading?
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (LOVE THEM!)