Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week was a Valentines day freebie, so I decided to make an awesome list of the book characters I love to feel the love with.
1. Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley: I feel like I need to go ahead and get this one over with. This couple made me fall in love with falling in love. I loved their chemistry and the slow build up that literally left us all frustrated from feelings of, "Come on, just let it happen already!" While the rest of the world is all excited for these additional Harry Potter things (and I am too) I am constantly hoping for a Hermione and Ron: The In Between Years story of some sort.
Forget the Mauraders, I want to read about Hermione and Ron's first official date and all of its akwardness.
2. Anne and Gilbert Blythe: I've talked about this one before, and I do feel like their relationship build up is actually quite similar to that of Hermione and Ron's. I don't think there is a word that has been discovered yet for Anne and Gilbert's kind of perfection though. It is a slow build, but it also has a great reward which is something I really appreciate. Anne and Gilbert make me very, very happy.
3. Wes and Macy (from The Truth About Forever): I feel like contemporary fiction couples are often not as recognized as fantasy couples are when it comes to these kind of lists. Wes and Macy to me are just as good as a romance that spans a series because they just work. The beauty of The Truth About Forever, is that all of the characters interact together in such a way that they feel real, and the ultimate realization and obstacles that they overcome create a resolution that fits in with our own expectations. Maybe they don't change the world, and so what if not much hinges of whether they're together or not, but Wes makes broken things whole again, and Macy learns to look at perfection in a different way.
4. Yelena and Valek: Just thinking about this couple makes me want to go back and reread. This is one of those romances that is just forbidden enough to make the story feel like you can't read it fast enough. I loved the way these two interacted, and the relationship felt very fleshed out. The author successfully creates a world that her readers believe in and cannot get enough of. We can probably read books about Yelena and Valek for years to come with no complaints.
5. Rose and Dimitri: When I read Vampire Academy in high school I was obsessed with this couple's story. While I do feel the romance and relationship dissipated a bit as the books continued, those first few installments will always remind me of the intensity of that relationship. Just thinking about it makes me want to reread!
6. Batman and Catwoman/ Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle: A true classic in the realm of couples that are loved, but sadly often forgotten. While there have been so many different attempts at the Batman and Catwoman story, you just can't deny that they belong together. As far as comic book couples go, these two will always be my favorite and I will never accept them with anyone else.
That is all for this week, what couples did I miss?
What couples do you love to love?